Definitely felt a little more tired and queasy today, but overall still a good day! I did get my walk in this morning, and got home a little early to take a quick nap before heading out to the kids' activities ... TJ had a track meet and Abby had her grade school choral program. I really enjoyed them both ... it was a good day, and I'm happy to be feeling good and progressing this well. I am starting to dread the upcoming hair loss now ... but can't do a darn thing about it, so I just have to deal with it.
Looking forward to attending a survivor retreat this Saturday in Peoria that will include a breakfast, speakers, networking with others, and a nature walk. Should be motivating and inspiring.
And speaking of inspiring ... I couldn't be more pleased with the support you are showing for my Race for the Cure team! We are 50 team members strong, and over $3,500 in additional donations, at the top of the list by far! You guys are amazing, I'm in awe of the love and support that continues to come my way. Thank you :-)
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Enjoy the retreat this weekend! I am sure it will be very uplifting and very nice to connect with others that have walked in your shoes!
ReplyDeleteI remember feeling the same way about the hair loss. I was in the hospital when mine started to fall out.... I had a staff infection after my first chemo treatment and as I was sitting in the bed, I started to see clumps of hair around me. I just wanted to go home and wash it or have my head shaved but I couldn't. I ended up wearing a baseball cap the rest of the week until I could get home and just shave ir.
After it was all gone, it was not really as bad as I had anticipated. I rocked the bald look for over a year.....and I really got used to it. You will too. It is just hair and it will grow back:) I know I mentioned this to you before, I was never wild about my wigs..... I preferred cute little hats and pretty scarves.
Hang in there Lisa.... you are doing great. I think of you often and keep you in my prayers! You seem to be a very strong lady. You will get through this..... I just know it!
xo,
Lisa