Monday, April 2, 2012

Our "Happy Place"

We are beach vacationers in every sense of the word. Just give us emerald waters, sun and sand and we will stay all day.

So this week is SO NEEDED for each and every one of us. The trip was planned long ago, and the timing could not be more perfect.

I was sitting on the beach yesterday thinking how much of an escape it feels like to be here. I'm incognito here ... no one around us can look at me and know that I have breast cancer. At times, I even forget that I do. No doctor appointments, worries, planning, people to tell. Just precious family time. It feels safe, and we'd stay forever if it meant we could escape returning home to battle the cancer beast.

But, we cannot escape it, the battle needs fought whether we stay here or go home. The plan of action is in place ... and my first chemo treatment will be on April 17. The doctors tell us that everyone handles chemo differently, but we're prepared for whatever side effects come my way. I'm so lucky to have an employer that says my health is priority ... and that I can work in the office, work at home, or not work at all on any given day that finds me unable to do so. And you really can't ask for much more than that from someone who pays you to tend to the success of their business.

In the meantime, we're squeezing every drop of happiness out of this week. Thanks to all for your continued love and support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment