Monday, April 9, 2012

The Last Week "BC"

I'm in the final week "before chemo" ... next Tuesday, my world will change with my first of 20 weeks of chemo treatments. By the time I'm finished, this school year will have ended and a new one will have started back up. Living with and battling breast cancer really kicks into high gear now. So far, it has mostly been worries, sleepless nights, unsettling dreams, tears, and fears. Starting next Tuesday, life changes and I wonder how the person I will be after chemo will compare to the person I was before chemo. Not just physically, but also emotionally from the experiences that are yet to come.

But first, I go for an outpatient surgery procedure this Thursday to have a "Medi-Port" inserted in which I will receive the treatments. Better than being stuck by IV needles for 20 weeks, but still a procedure that brings me a few concerns. If you could keep me in your prayers Thursday afternoon, I'd appreciate it.

I finally had a chance to talk with Abby about the fact that I'm going to lose my hair. She's very concerned about it ... being a girl who has a beautiful head of hair that identifies her in a very clear way, I guess that's natural. She says she can't picture what I will look like without it ... and I can tell it concerns her greatly. I told her that I'll get her some bandanas to wear that match mine, and that brought a smile to her face. She asked if we had to tie it under our chins like a scarf, and that made me laugh. I think we'll be tying them in the back, rather than going for the Little Red Riding Hood look, haha

Thanks to all who have signed up for the Race for the Cure team, whether walking or not, or chose to make a donation to the team. We are inching our way up the team list toward raising the largest amount of money so far, and that is really exciting to me!



Last, but not least ... I received this photo from a friend yesterday. Her daughter found it and wants to send it to me ... love and luck continue to pop up in unexpected places. Thanks Julia! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Lisa~ I just want to say that I *LOVE* your blog. You are SUCH an amazing and strong woman - an inspiration to all of us. You're in my prayers every morning and that is right where you'll be till this "cancer beast" is part of your past. We're all beside you 100% - we'll be there through it all. Hugs, my friend!!! Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck will ALL come your way. Michelle 4/10/12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya...you're on my mind more than you'll ever know! Hugs, prayers...lots of prayer warriors here in Effy....we're gonna beat this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today...

    ReplyDelete