
Last night Drew left to head back to Carthage College after his spring break, and he also had a special Friday night mission on campus ... being part of the Relay for Life. He has been part of this in previous years, but this year holds special meaning for him, and for me. I received this photo from him last night, with a note that he made it back just in time for the luminaria ceremony. My name in lights! Well, pink (high)light(er), surrounded by lights counts ... right?!?
I made a donation to him on his Relay for Life effort. Did you know the American Cancer Society provides free wigs to patients undergoing chemotherapy? I didn't, until I needed one. They are of very good quality and I had a very caring young woman help me choose the right one, along with a special neighbor to help pick the right look. I'm thinking it will be more comfortable to wear scarves and hats more often, but there are some work events and special occasions like Drew's college graduation where I think it will make me less conspicuous than a scarf. I don't want to stand out at Drew's graduation in a scarf, I just want to blend in with all of the other proud parents.

I also received another gift yesterday from someone who works with Mitch ... matching headbands for Abby and I, beautifully handmade. Aren't they pretty and fun? I'm continually amazed at the thoughtful gestures that just keep coming. Thanks, K!




Lots of wonderful support!!!
ReplyDelete