Special thanks to Marla and her two beautiful girls, who participated in the Race for the Cure event in the Dallas, TX area today. This is a very special event for their family, and I'm honored to be included in your day of love and remembrance.
Awwww, thanks for the post! The girls and I enjoyed the race and were in awe of how big an event it was. Pretty sure I've never seen that much pink in one place in my whole life. ;)
I met a sweet lady at Target last week (she actually approached me about my haircut, as she's recently finished chemo and her hair is starting to grow back in) and I couldn't help but share with her that you are just starting your journey. She asked your name and said she'd say a special prayer for you.
“To stand at the edge of the sea, to sense the ebb and flow of the tides, to feel the breath of a mist moving over a great salt marsh, to watch the flight of shore birds that have swept up and down the surf lines of the continents for untold thousands of year, to see the running of the old eels and the young shad to the sea, is to have knowledge of things that are as nearly eternal as any earthly life can be.”
― Rachel Carson
Stronger
Success
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."
What a wonderful show of support to have Marla and her girls walking for you, Lisa!
ReplyDeleteYou know us ZZ Moms are behind you 1001 percent!
xo Michele
Awwww, thanks for the post! The girls and I enjoyed the race and were in awe of how big an event it was. Pretty sure I've never seen that much pink in one place in my whole life. ;)
ReplyDeleteI met a sweet lady at Target last week (she actually approached me about my haircut, as she's recently finished chemo and her hair is starting to grow back in) and I couldn't help but share with her that you are just starting your journey. She asked your name and said she'd say a special prayer for you.
Love you, girl!
Team Westbrook never looked cuter!!! Pink is definitely their color:)
ReplyDeleteIt is good to know you have good friends supporting you near and far!
We are all pulling for you Lisa.
Lisa