The cards continue to arrive in our mailbox at such a fast pace that I wonder what the mail lady thinks. They come from near and far, big and small, some flat and others packed with pressed clovers and special gifts. I wish you all knew how much each individual thing, no matter how small it may seem to you, means when it arrives. It reminds me that people are reading the blog, cheering me on, praying for full recovery, and sending their love. How much more luck could I possibly have.
Also in the mail over the past couple of days was this beautiful Angel of Hope charm for my Pandora bracelet from a long-time friend and former college roommate in Orlando.
This special angel charm has been on my wish list for awhile, and it was a perfect thing to add to my bracelet .. representing hope in the battle. Thanks, Julie!
In today's mail at work, I received a very meaningful personal note, scribbled across the newspaper pages that featured my story during the Peoria Race for the Cure. It was written by a retired member of the Association I work for ... letting me know that his own wife is an 8-year survivor, and that he appreciated seeing me taking a stance in the forefront of an issue so important for so many women. I'll always treasure your special words, Howard.
Not sure I ever included a link to the newspaper article here on the blog, but it can be read on line if you're interested,
CLICK HERE
And the special actions of support and love don't only arrive by the post office ... many also come my way on Facebook. The most recent gesture was from a friend who I met completely by accident, along the path of our adoption, and whose own life has been touched by breast cancer with the courageous battle and loss of her mom. Thanks, Arloa ... I'm proud to be part of your army.




0 comments:
Post a Comment