It's really fun to see people get into the hunt for four leaf clovers who might not have taken time to look through a leafy patch under normal circumstances ... thanks to friend, Dick, for this great find!
My Friday after treatment was a little better than the first round, more fatigue than nausea, which is definitely easier to manage.
My mom was released from the hospital yesterday and is back at the nursing home, sounding a little stronger by phone. The tough part is not being able to visit and expose myself to the flu virus, but she understands that part of it and doesn't want me there in person, even though I know some personal visits would perk her up.
Just one more week until the Peoria Race for the Cure event ... we are up to 64 team members and in 2nd place overall for fundraising, out of 202 teams! I'm so proud of what has been done for the team and it's going to be a really great day. There will be lots of pictures to enjoy from the event for you next weekend!
Today may be my first big decision making day on the hair ... shave it or not, wear a bandana or not ... as it is falling out at great speed now. I'm headed to the Tazewell County Track Meet to see TJ run his events and I'll have to make a decision on how I'm comfortable being out in public for the first time as it really thins. Eventually I know I'll get used to the new normal and it won't feel as strange as it does today ... but today, it just simply feels strange.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





You are doing so great, Lisa. Stay strong, cookie! Keep smiling! Wish I was w you today...
ReplyDelete