Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 3 after Treatment 3

Doing ok this week after chemo #3, a little tired but manageable. We are in one of those whirlwind times of school activity, so not much time to let down and be anything but good!

Last night was TJ's 8th grade promotion ceremony, and it was very nice. He officially finished middle school yesterday, so now we officially have a high school student in the house again! Hard to believe.

I don't think I've posted any pics here of me wearing my wig ... but I really do like having it for these types of occasions last night where I just want to blend in with the other proud parents, instead of being the mom in the scarf with cancer. Most people who don't know it is a wig are very surprised to find out that it is, and it's not too heavy to wear. It does get itchy if I wear it all day at work, then we head to an evening school event ... but it is a good alternative sometimes to heading out in a bandana.

Fun gifts have still come my way in the past week or so and I'm finally getting around to sharing a pic ... some fun flip flops full of sparkly bling (thanks Julie!) and an insulated cup and koozie with a reminder of the spirit of the fight! (thanks Mindy and Sally!).




0 comments:

Post a Comment