Today starts week 3 of radiation, with treatment #10 of 33 today. Will be 1/3 done tomorrow!
We have had some beautiful weather, and it has been a nice treat to walk outside in December. I have an indoor track at a fitness center that I usually walk on ... I love walking there, but I'll take advantage of the nice weather and do a little walking outside while I have the chance. On Friday I walked the path around a lagoon in the park in Pekin, and it was so peaceful. Just me and the ducks and geese. And avoiding stepping in their landmines, haha
Today is the day I see the radiation oncologist after my treatment. He just checks on me weekly to see how the skin and tissue are holding up to the radiation therapy. The people at the clinic are so compassionate and kind, just like my experience at the chemo clinic (which is right down the hall). On Friday the technicians had Christmas music playing while I had my treatment, and it really does help to bring a little peace over you for the process. Those little things really do matter.
It's a busy week with 5 radiation appointments for me plus an appointment at the chemo clinic for a 6-week routine saline flush of my medi-port, Tremont HS Band Christmas Concert, dentist appointment, and orthodontist appointment for TJ, 2 basketball practices, tumbling class, and cheer clinic with Tremont HS cheerleaders for Abby ... and the whole family going to the game Friday night to see the little girls cheer on the basketball court. And then weekend basketball for Abby, which is every weekend now through mid-February. Thank goodness for on-line Christmas shopping, or I would not have a start on it at all with all the things in life that keep us busy! I'm just thankful to be at a point in treatments where I can enjoy it all, and be there to see my kids do the things they love.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment