I just realized that I somehow missed posting pictures of these pre-surgery gifts from friends ... guess I had a lot of my mind that week!
The first was from friends and neighbors, John & Deanna. Who else has a Martha-Stewart-type neighbor who can quilt you a coolie cover for your tropical drink? No one but me, I'm pretty sure!
Thanks to both of you ... this is about as close as I'm going to get to a tropical getaway with a fruity drink for awhile, try as I might!
The last few days before surgery were kind of emotional seeing people ... we had a work event where most of the people I'm close to there were in attendance, and it was great to see them and get those hugs and words of support before surgery. And I had lunch with several friends who wanted to see me one more time before I was in recovery mode and unable to do lunch. The caring and thoughtful gestures just go on and on.
The other gifts were from friends Dick & Kris ... a brass four-leaf clover paperweight, which was beautiful ... but also very meaningful when you turn it over, and it has the faith, hope, love and luck meanings for the four leaves that I've used during my journey. And they also gave me a photo album with pictures from the Team Lisa Race for the Cure event day, which was so uplifting and special.




0 comments:
Post a Comment