I drove today for the first time in three weeks. I really thought it would not be a big deal ... but it was harder than I thought it would be! My arm strength is good but apparently not 100%, as I struggled to open my door and push it outward so I could get out, and it was hard to crank the wheel in and out of a parking spot ... but we made it. I was laughing at my shortcomings and TJ was asking if I really should be driving, haha. Fortunately it was a short trip to/from Pekin to a quick orthodontist appointment for TJ, but I felt kind of wiped out when we got home!
I'm feeling really good ... and it occurred to me today that it has been 6 weeks since I had my last chemo, so surely that has to contribute to me feeling good as well. I didn't realize how tired I was during chemo until it was over ... and I felt normal again. My new normal after surgery is still a little slower and more tired than before surgery, but I'm making good progress each day. I'm sleeping much better and that contributes to feeling stronger as well.
Tonight we were treated to dinner and several delicious desserts ... good timing since Mitch has a meeting that ran into early evening. Thanks, Patty L. for taking such good care of us!
I'll return to the surgical oncologist on Friday, and the medical oncologist next Tuesday. Soon I'll be seeing the radiation oncologist again for the next phase of treatment. Driving to the appointments will be fun. At least TJ won't be there to question my ability! :-)
The kids are busy with school, homework and projects, and both have started basketball practices that happen multiple times each week. Life moves on, and we're moving along with it. Gotta keep up as a willing participant or else you're dragged along against your will ... and that's a lot less fun!
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment