I'm a Today Show fan, and since I'm working from home during recovery ... I get to see even more of the show than on a usual work day. So glad I got to see this segment. It both hits close to home and resonates how I feel about my own diagnosis.
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49578979/#49552645
Five years will feel SO good. But I see the hesitation in her eyes, and I completely understand it. As good as the news is ... you're fearful to think you've won and it won't be back.
And speaking of resonating how I feel ... my last post about my "Bucket List" really struck close to your hearts, and I appreciate the emails you've sent. I don't think I've ever received as many direct comments about a blog post as I did to that one, and I love hearing you say you've accepted the challenge to look at your own bucket list, and work on doing special things sooner rather than later.
My CT scan yesterday went well. I have been faithfully doing my arm stretching exercises and was able to get my arm up over my head, and hold it in place for the 15 minute procedure. I came home from the radiation oncologist's office with three of these high tech markings on my torso, which will serve as the "points of entry" for the computer-guided beams of radiation. After using the scan to map out the locations of my major organs, they marked me up like a treasure map, awaiting the bounty of radiation.
Got ink?
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment