Hard to believe it has been a whole week (today) since I came home from the hospital ... things have gone really well this week. I'm still moving a little slower than usual, still depending on family and friends to do household chores and help with meals and errands, still on pain meds and over the counter meds to help with the discomfort ... but I have come a long, long way in the last 8 days.
The cards are pouring in again, surely the mailman must wonder what in the world is going on at this house!
Yesterday Mitch's mom came and did several loads of laundry, cleaned all 3 bathrooms, brought dinner for us, and helped provide some conversation and laughs during my typically quiet day. She even got to help chase the cat when he escaped to the garage. And today the kids only have a half day of school, so I'll have some company this afternoon and for the next 3 days, as they are off school Monday for Columbus Day. Drew's birthday is this weekend and I'm pretty sure he'll be here on Sunday, which will be great. Probably by Tuesday I'll be exhausted from all the activity and ready for some quiet again, haha.
On Tuesday afternoon, I have an appointment with the surgical oncologist for a post-surgery check up and to go over the details of the pathology report. At that time I should also get the 2nd surgical drain out, and since it will have been in for 12 days by then, I'm more than ready for it to go. I'm tired of sponge bathing and ready to get back to that warm shower water running over my head!
Friday, October 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment