Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Irish Charm

A little more luck o'the Irish received today ... especially fun and meaningful heading into surgery week. See the four leaf clover on the chest, and it came with a "hope" ornament as a package decoration too. Thanks, Jessi!

The countdown is definitely on to surgery now. I've set aside a few things that will be packed for the hospital, but haven't done anything serious about getting a bag together. I have a lot going on at work this week, and I think after it's all over Thursday night I'll be able to relax a bit and let my mind wander to what needs to be done to be gone from home and in the hospital a day or two. This last weekend before surgery will go by quickly with it being our high school homecoming and some extra activities on the calendar.

Abby is a little anxious about me being gone overnight after surgery ... I think it's more because she's uncertain about the whole surgery and hospital experience, because I've been gone before to meetings and she has never asked me as many questions as she is for this. I know the time will go fast and I'll be home quickly, but I know she's also uncertain about how I'm going to feel and if I'll be ok. Once she sees I'm home and on the mend, I think it will resolve quickly. Hospitals are a scary thing when you're a kid and you don't fully understand!

1 comment:

  1. you are one amazing woman, Lisa - your spirit, your love of life, your caring for all those around - blessings to you as you walk this next part of your journey.

    ReplyDelete