Wow, surgery is coming up fast in just 10 days. That's next week.
Lots to do, lots to think about.
I've been getting things ready at work to be gone an extended time, and to have things prepared to work from home as well. The ability to do that in the computer age is a plus, and will take a lot of stress off my shoulders worrying about what is waiting to be done when I return. And here at home I've been able to do some things that I just didn't have the energy to do while on chemo ... it feels good to be somewhat "my old self" again, but I know that after next Thursday, things will be different again. At least the recovery time from surgery will be shorter than the chemo time frame was. And even during November/December when I have radiation treatments, hopefully things will feel somewhat back to normal as well. A side effect of radiation is fatigue, so I guess we'll see about normal.
I think about the surgery and what I'll be like afterwards a lot ... I can't really say I'm scared of surgery, but it will be a new experience to be put under, unlike being awake for my other surgeries, which were c-sections and different, joyous times. After talking to women who have walked this path before me, I know that it will change me not only in a physical way, but also somewhat in an emotional way. Right now my focus is just on getting through the next 10 days and then recovery ... and then hearing the words "you are cancer free" from the pathology reports.
Lots to do, lots to think about.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment