Finally the week has arrived to resume chemo and get started on the next step of treatment ... 12 weekly chemo treatments with a different drug, Taxol. It has been 3 weeks since I had a treatment due to my shingles outbreak causing a delay.
Blood work today ... that makes the final determination if I will have chemo tomorrow, after they review my results when I arrive at the clinic tomorrow. So far, my blood counts have all been in the normal range and have not been affected by treatments. The symptoms of shingles are lessening and I have no fever ... but I have had a really scratchy throat, a cough, and red/watery eyes. Sounds like allergy, but feels a little different. Hoping it won't show up in a negative way in my blood counts and delay chemo again.
The good news if it is allergy ... prior to the Taxol being administered, I get a Benadryl drip. So that will kick any allergy symptoms, but is also likely to make my chemo session a two-hour nap! It always knocks me out, so I don't think there will be much of a need for the iPad and movie during these sessions!
Monday, June 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment