It's very pretty, and when I look at it, I see strength in it with the hand-tied knots. Thanks, Gail and Zach!
Speaking of strength, I have had a couple situations in the past week where I had to dig deep and rise above some negative conversations. I don't believe that either person intended to say things that were negative or hurtful ... but both found a way to approach me about my diagnosis and proceed to tell me about someone who had lost their battle or who had struggled in a painful way. It makes you wonder why people would even say those things ... and I guess the answer is they just don't know what to say, and they err in telling the wrong details, or too many details. It was a good learning experience for me on how to not deal with negativity and how to put some space between myself and the "woe is me" personalities. I also learned a little bit about the things I won't ever say to anyone I encounter who is battling the cancer beast themselves ... I will always think before I open my mouth!
On a happier note, the positive support and comments continue to pour in to my world, and just today I received this photo of a friend and her daughter who had participated in a cancer walk event in honor of myself and some other friends/family who are fighting the battle.
Thanks, Jen and Anna, for your support and uplifting spirit!





Lisa - you are an inspiration to everyone - whether they know you or not. We love you in Looouiville. Gaaaiil
ReplyDelete