Today marks two weeks since surgery, and I am very pleased with the way my healing and recovery are moving along. I was able to do things after just 2-3 days and while still in the hospital that I was originally told I might not be able to do for up to 2 weeks, so it feels good to be pushing forward strong and steady.
I am still moving slow, and I do have a much-reduced appetite. I'm sure each of those things will continue to get better, day by day, as well. And best of all, today is the last of the blood thinner injections that I've been giving myself daily ... and I'm really happy about that. The injections are certainly not the worst thing I've been through in this journey, but I'm ready to be finished with that part of this process.
This morning I officially lost two of my daytime helpers around the house, as the kids return to school. I'm really glad I have had them around these past 10 days home from the hospital. On top of twice a day football practice and being tired from that, TJ has helped with laundry, vacuuming and all sorts of household tasks. He hasn't uttered one complaint about needing to help. He checks in on me so sweetly every night before he goes to bed to see if I need anything. Abby is my shadow, and very observant of any movements or facial expressions that make her think I need help or have discomfort. Last weekend it was just Abby and I here at home for period of time a little over 24 hours ... and she took such good care of me. She proudly made scrambled eggs and toast for my breakfast on Sunday and cleaned everything up, and didn't even want to leave my side to go outside and play and take a break. Recovery has been lots easier with their help.
We had a wonderful meal and several different kinds of sweet treats delivered by a very thoughtful friend. The meal worked perfectly for tonight as we were a little more rushed for time with Abby and Mitch heading out to a "meet and greet" at Abby's new school building. I think there is even enough for TJ to have one more meal out of it between football practices, when he comes home famished. Thank you, Patty Litwiller, for the wonderful treats!
Back to the surgeon's office on Friday for my second post-op follow up. Really hoping these last 2 surgical drains will be ready to be removed!
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment