So this year at the Race for the Cure, I not only walk to celebrate my own 14 months as a survivor ... but it's time to share the love. There are two wonderful women walking their own breast cancer path right now who need a boost. One is finished with chemo and surgery but has a few other things to get through ... the other dealing with some serious fallout from her chemo treatments and recently spent several days in the hospital. So I realized that since I can walk in this year's event and they most likely will not ... they need to be there with me, in spirit.Tonight I decorated my "celebration tag" for the Race for the Cure, and on Saturday I will pin it to my shirt and walk while wearing their names with pride. As so many have done for me over the past 14 months. Love you ladies, my sisters in the fight. I fight alongside you. I walk for you. You give me strength.




0 comments:
Post a Comment