I received a text from a member of the group about the time I was due in, asking where I was ... and sure enough, when I arrived in the hotel lobby there they were ... with hugs and smiles and greetings. All week long they made me feel special and loved. And then all too fast it was time for goodbye hugs and good wishes. I was told after diagnosis by several people who have walked the cancer path before me that you find out who your true friends are after you are diagnosed with cancer. That has proven true in so many situations around me ... and especially in the group of home show managers that I'm proud to call friends.
One more week until the Peoria Race for the Cure ... it's a day that I'm so looking forward to! Stay tuned for event pictures and my special day with Team Lisa 2013!




0 comments:
Post a Comment