... but my hives are disappearing, and my radiation burns are healing well ... could I actually be headed to a time where I'm just having normal days again? It sounds too good to be true!
The areas where I had radiation burns are healing well. The skin is still dry and peeling, but so much improved over even a week ago. I still have some light spots from hives, but for the most part they are faded and that feels good. I did take an antihistamine when I went to bed last night as I felt itchy all over, but haven't felt that way at all today.
Abby had back to back basketball games yesterday and Drew came to see her play and spend the night. Grandma and Grandpa came along too and we had pizza together after the game. Abby got to do a little early birthday present opening and had a great day.
Today she and Drew went shopping for goodies for her treat bags to take to school (no homemade treats allowed) and we had a birthday lunch complete with candles, singing, cake and ice cream. It feels good to just enjoy normal family activities without the next treatment or procedure looming in my mind. I do have another round of doctor's appointments coming up ... 1/29 radiation oncologist, 2/4 blood work, 2/5 medical oncologist, 2/15 plastic surgeon to discuss reconstruction surgery and probably set a surgery date (yikes!) ... but for today, I'm just going to relax and soak in the birthday festivities and enjoy watching my youngest child turn 10. Her actual birthday is Thursday.
I'm leaving in a couple hours for my first work trip in almost 2 years ... 4 days in Las Vegas for the International Builders Show. By the time we get to Vegas tonight it will be Midnight "my" time and then the meetings kick off in the morning bright and early. I'm happy to be feeling well enough to attend and see some colleagues from across the country who have reached out with calls, messages, personal notes over the past few months. It will be a good feeling to thank them in person and share a hug of gratitude. I'm sure the busy agenda of the 4 days will make me tired, but I'll be with a group of people who will be sure I get some rest, and not object if I need a nap before going out to dinner, etc. Most of all I'm looking forward to a week of NO doctors appointments! It has been at least 2 months since I had a week without appointments, sometime prior to starting radiation in mid-November!
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment