Sunday, August 26, 2012

DNA Results

Good news from the DNA testing ... I am not a carrier of the BRCA gene mutation, which means I have a lower overall risk of a cancer recurrence ... and I'm also very happy to know that it's not a genetic trait that could have been passed on to the boys. Very happy to get the news, very thankful to hear that result!

This weekend, the kids and I (along with the very capable help of two hired moving men) got Drew's belongings upstairs to his new 3rd floor apartment. He had been living in temporary quarters provided by the landlord after his apartment wasn't ready when originally promised by 8/15, and I know he's happy to have all of his "stuff" out of storage, making it feel like home again.

Thank goodness it was yesterday and not today, as it has rained torrential downpours today ... but it's hard to complain about rain in a summer where we needed it so desperately. I'm just glad we didn't have to move in it!

We had a great weekend helping him get settled in, and the kids loved having the chance to spend the night in his apartment last night. Today we hung things on the wall and got the kitchen organized ... just lots of good time to talk, laugh and get a glimpse of his new life. About halfway into the drive home I realized how dead tired I really was, so I came home and a nap was the first thing on my agenda after unloading a few things from the car.

Looking forward to knocking these last 2 chemo treatments out on Tuesday and the following week. Surgery is just one month from tomorrow (!!) and so the next few weeks are sure to be a blur!

0 comments:

Post a Comment