Today was the end of my long work days for our event, and things went really well. I know that my adrenaline kept me going ... and I can feel the "crash and burn" time coming now that it's over ... but that's not really anything unusual after the event. I felt good, felt strong, and accomplished what I needed to do for a successful event.
Many of people involved in the event were not aware of what I've been through in the past year. Most of them still are not. I did share with a few people who had a sense something was different, or had heard a rumor, etc. But the fact that most all of these people could look at me and NOT know, not think "Oh my, what happened to Lisa?" is the best feeling of all. People kept telling me I looked great, that they liked my new hairdo (oh, if they only knew about that traumatic journey!) ... it was all good.
I am tired, but feeling confident and strong. I'm tired, but each day I feel more and more like myself again.
Now the countdown is on ... only 25 days until we leave for Spring Break. I am SO ready for the peaceful feeling that the beach brings to my soul.




0 comments:
Post a Comment