No word yet from the radiation oncologist about getting radiation treatments started. I'm still hoping to hear from them in the next 48 hours and get started by the end of the week. But even if I do, that means I won't finish up until January 5. Let's just get moving already!
I resumed my walking routine on an indoor track a couple of weeks after surgery, and this week I'll resume a strength training plan. I was using the strength training machines prior to surgery, but recovery from surgery restricted me from doing so the past few weeks. Last week was the 6 week mark after surgery and the point at which the surgeon said I could resume strength training. I talked with a medical exercise specialist at my facility and took it easy on the weights, but it went really well. I can do 100% of the weight on my legs that I did prior to surgery, and I kept my upper body and arms at 50% until I get more comfortable and a little stronger. I may have been able to do more, but it made sense to ease back in.
Over the weekend I ordered our Christmas cards with the family photo we had taken in April, a couple of weeks after diagnosis but before I started chemo. I look at myself in the photo, and I don't recognize her. I haven't seen her in the mirror for 7 months. I think back to that day where I was in anticipation mode, between being scared about diagnosis and starting the upcoming treatments, but thankful to be surrounded by my family. It was an off chance that we were able to do that before chemo took my hair and my look away from me ... Drew just happened to be home for the week on his spring break. I'm so glad we took the photo then. Maybe someday again I'll look like the Lisa in the photo, but the experiences of the 7 months since it was taken have definitely left me changed inside.
I'll update on the start of radiation the minute I have news ...
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




You, my dear friend, are the same beautiful person you always have been. I can't imagine the changes that have happened inside your mind and body, but they have all made you much stronger! You are truly one of my heroes! God Bless You!!!!!
ReplyDelete