We all have those weeks where nothing seems to go right or according to plan ... it has definitely felt like that kind of week for me this week!
I've spent some time in the office this week, and it's good to get back in the groove ... but it does leave me pretty tired at night since I'm not used to the activity. Really I have done well keeping up from home, running the world from my laptop at my kitchen table ... but there are some things that just need to be done from behind the desk. And I know that getting back to the regular routine is good for me at this point in recovery.
After completing that second CT scan on Tuesday I was hopeful to hear today that my radiation plan is all set and that I could get started on Monday ... but no call yet. Unfortunately now it not only means that I can't finish up by Christmas, which I really hoped to do ... but it also means that getting 33 treatments in will last over 8 weeks because I have 3 major holidays in the mix, and closures at the radiation oncologist's office for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. The schedule as it has been explained to me so far is that I will only have 4 treatments on those holiday weeks instead of 5, so that stretches it out over a longer period of time. Not starting treatments on Monday now means that my radiation will go into the first part of January. Well, at least we'll get to pay some of the new calendar year deductibles right off the bat for a few radiation treatments! We'll meet our deductible and total out of pocket expenses in 2013 (and all years for the rest of my life) with the annual appointments and scans I'll need from here forward, I'm sure.
On a personal level, it has been a rough week in our house with sports and one of the kids being cut from something that was their sport of choice. I think one of the worst things in the world is watching helplessly as your kids work through the pain over something that neither they or you have control over ... I would have preferred to go through a battery of new medical tests this week than deal with the sadness caused by this cut. But there is only so much you can do, hearts heal, and you move on.
Here's to Monday and some good news on getting radiation underway!
Friday, November 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment