One month from tonight, I'll be recovering from reconstruction surgery in a Peoria hospital. The surgery date of August 8 was chosen back in February, and time has slipped by quickly.
I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon next Friday, July 19 ... and assuming he feels I'm properly healed from radiation, my surgery will be a go. Today several insurance "pre-certification" papers came in the mail, so the surgeon's office already has the insurance paperwork in place.
While I don't look forward to another surgery, another hospital stay, more down time, more recovery time, more discomfort, more surgical drains, more scars ... I'm very ready to move forward to complete this step. My mastectomy was 10 months ago, and so I've lived through three seasons of clothing that didn't fit just right due to the way the surgery left me configured. Swimsuits and summer clothes are the hardest, I've discovered.
Final countdown, on!
Monday, July 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment