Monday, July 9, 2012

Half Way Point

Tomorrow I will complete chemo #8 of 16 ... officially the halfway point of treatment. That will be a great feeling, and the last half is sure to go by quickly with the end of the summer routine of school supply shopping, moving Drew to his new apartment to start his teaching job, and my younger kids going back to school. I'll have 2 more treatments left when school starts, finishing up the day after Labor Day.

I'm feeling good and other than being tired, I have no real side effects from the current treatment. I still need an occasional nap to make it through some days. Two weeks into chemo I lost about 99% of my hair and the remaining 1% is showing a tiny bit of growth. Don't get too excited. No new growth, that won't come until at least a month after all chemo is finished, so maybe somewhere around surgery time. The nurses were surprised that I had held onto my eyebrows and eyelashes through the early treatment ... but I lost my eyebrows this week. Hoping to keep my eyelashes. Doesn't seem like much to ask, does it?  haha

The appointment with my surgical oncologist was rescheduled AGAIN, for the 6th time, in a phone call this morning. I'm anxious to get in there and talk with her again. So now that appointment is 3 weeks away instead of 2. Sooner or later, it's going to happen!

1 comment:

  1. thinking of you and glad to hear you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete